Research Analyst in the Broadcast team
We are currently seeking to recruit a Research Analyst to help prepare market-leading research within our broadcast team. The team focuses on analysing key companies, trends and strategic issues relating to the future of the television and online video markets in the UK and Europe, liaising closely with our telecoms, publishing and digital teams whenever relevant. Highly numerate and confident in their writing ability, the Research Analyst will contribute to a variety of detailed reports and presentations. An ideal candidate might be a recent graduate or a graduate with 1-2 years of relevant experience.
The primary purpose of this role is to support other analysts within the broadcast team and to contribute to regular reports assessing key trends, opportunities and challenges within the TV and video market.
- Collating and analysing qualitative and quantitative data, mostly television and radio audience measurement systems and from company websites, company presentations, Ofcom publications, financial reports and primary market research
- Maintaining key databases and to produce statistical models and forecasts
- Liaising with clients on research needs
- Assessing the impact of broader demographic, social, commercial and regulatory changes on the broadcast market
- Contributing to reports and presentations to individual clients and for industry conferences
- Genuine interest in and enthusiasm for the TV and video industries
- Highly analytical with proficiency in handling data and using Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritise and act on own initiative but also openly as part of a tightly knit team
- Interest in understanding both the consumer and business sides of markets
- Exemplary attention to detail, in data and other content
- Well organised, efficient, client and delivery focused
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task and manage demanding deadlines
- Consistently deliver work of an exceptional standard
- A proactive and collaborative attitude, and ability to work jointly on research spanning multiple, converging industries
- Ability to write in a clear and engaging manner, argue compellingly and present data intelligently
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you believe you would be a good fit for this position to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is Sunday 8 November.