Research Analyst in the Broadcast team
Enders Analysis is seeking to recruit a Research Analyst to help prepare market-leading research within its broadcast team. The team focuses on analysing key companies, trends and strategic issues relating to the future of television, online video and audio, liaising closely with our telecoms, publishing and digital teams whenever relevant. Highly numerate and confident in their writing ability, the Research Analyst will contribute to a variety of detailed reports, presentations and consultancy work. An ideal candidate might be a recent graduate or a graduate with 1-3 years of relevant experience.
The primary purpose of this role is to support other analysts within the broadcast team and to contribute to regular reports assessing key trends, opportunities and challenges within the TV, online video and audio markets. This involves:
- Collating and analysing qualitative and quantitative data from television and radio audience measurement systems, company websites and presentations, Ofcom publications, financial reports and primary market research
- Maintaining key databases and producing statistical models and forecasts
- Liaising with clients on research needs
- Assessing the impact of broader demographic, social, commercial and regulatory changes on the broadcast market
- Contributing to reports and presentations to individual clients and for industry conferences
- Genuine interest in and enthusiasm for both the consumer and business sides of the TV, online video and audio markets
- A proactive and collaborative attitude, and ability to work jointly on research spanning multiple converging industries
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task and manage demanding deadlines
- Highly analytical with proficiency in handling data and experience using Excel and PowerPoint
- Exemplary attention to detail, in data and other content
- Able to write in a clear and engaging manner, and present data compellingly
How to apply
Please send your CV and answers to the below questions to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Sunday 19 September.
Questions for Broadcast Research Analyst candidates
- Why are you interested in this Broadcast Research Analyst role at Enders Analysis? [Max 200 words]
- Our core business is centred on research reports which we send to our clients covering an issue, or several issues, pertinent to the TMT industry. Please describe a proposal for a report you would write, explain why it would be of particular interest to our subscribers, and how you would go about researching and drafting it. [Max 200 words]
- What are the key challenges facing public service broadcasters in 2021? [Max 100 words]
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected viewing and listening choices in the UK? [Max 100 words]
- Why don't the broadsheets review the soaps? [Max 100 words]
- Are you legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom?
Yes / No
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
Yes / No
- Are you comfortable commuting to central London for this job (at times when travel restrictions aren’t in place)?
Yes / No
- How did you hear about this role?
Enders Analysis website / LinkedIn / Creative Access / Other (please state)